Fire Sprinkler Inspector
Company: Sunland Fire Protection Inc.
Location: Wilmington, NC
Timely and dependable employees, Fire Sprinkler Inspectors juggle multiple jobs, responding to work orders quickly and efficiently. They provide excellent customer service, possessing solid communication and interpersonal skills. In order to effectively troubleshoot, successful Fire Sprinkler Technicians must also be detail-oriented problem solvers. Flexibility is necessary in this industry as schedules can be unpredictable and often require evening or weekend work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- 3-5 years documented experience in fire sprinkler system inspections.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire sprinkler systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET II certification preferred.
Education and/or Experience: Fourth (4th) year college or university program certificate; or two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Additional certifications related to fire safety.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- Associate’s or technical degree in related field.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a positive attitude and represent Sunland in a professional manner.
- Respond to customers needs (i.e. prompt return of calls, quotes, etc).
- Effective scheduling of time.
- Obtain tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Coordinate with the alarm technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keep current with new technology, state and local codes.
- Maintain company vehicle in accordance with Sunland's policy.
- Follow directives issued from Superintendent.
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Professional Development Assistance
See all of our current job openings.