Director of Construction Services
Company: J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
The Director of Construction Services will lead the efforts that support construction projects and is the driving influence to the equipment and material and delivery coordination efforts, soil management, equipment inventory control, and Yard and Small Tools operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university with major coursework in Business Administration, Management, Civil Engineering, or
- Minimum of twenty years of increasingly responsible experience in Construction Services in a relevant industry.
- Computer Skills – proficient in MS Office;
- Lead and develop a strong team that assists with the successful execution of company objectives.
- Works collaboratively with customers to define value-add activities and ensure their needs are being met.
- Direct oversight and training of Dispatch, Material & Inventory, and Facilities personnel.
- Directs and manages our Yard, Small Tools and Facility division (across multiple locations) and represents the department when working with operations management and executive stakeholders.
- Oversight and financial responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of office facilities.
- Oversight of the dispatch of company equipment.
- Oversight of the inventory control division.
- Responsible for managing the coordination with Fleet Maintenance division to ensure delivery of company equipment for maintenance and repairs.
- Determines and implements strategic objectives, goals and key performance indicators of the Construction Services division.
- Monitors KPI results and implements changes as needed to ensure achievement of goals.
- Direct oversight of Construction Services department budget.
With additional Soft Skills required
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop in innovative ideas and solutions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Constructive Engagement: Express his or her ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Exceeds the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Talent: Maximizes potential, improves overall performance and retains high performing individuals.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401(k), Stock options, Training & Development
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.