Operations Support Specialist (full-time)
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Full Time Operations Support Specialist position in our Edina, MN office. The Operations Support Specialist works as part of our Center of Excellence (COE) TEAM and has a direct impact on the success of our division offices.
- Value caring and enduring relationships based on honesty and integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Want to have opportunities to develop and advance
- Are detailed-oriented
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- A desire to explore new challenges using critical thinking skills.
- Regularly participating in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and API Group.
- A team-oriented attitude.
- Being dependable.
- Having an uncompromising work ethic.
- Tenaciously pursuing what our offices need from the COE TEAM.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Development of caring and enduring relationships with your AFPG TEAM Members.
- Learning to successfully navigate the day-to-day challenges of the role and getting job setups to our offices.
- Gaining knowledge of the life safety industry and furthering your understanding of the Astea and AX systems.
- Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with your supervisor and taking steps toward accomplishing its objectives.
- Becoming fully integrated into our COE TEAM and contributing to its success.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and an employer-matched 401 K program.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Ability to work independently at an advanced level in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Being a dependable team player with a coachable attitude.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Maintaining accuracy of new job setup forms and backup paperwork that verify complete information has been submitted.
- Precise creation of new Service jobs within system based on information provided from our divisions or customers.
- Meticulous updating of existing job, inspection, customer, and site information as requested by our divisions or customers.
- Improvements in the efficiency of our Service and Inspection Departments through higher quality job-related information.
- Willingness to assist with accounting and operations special projects as requested.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.