Fire Sprinkler Foreman
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Foreman/Superintendent position in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. The Foreman/Superintendent is relied upon to lead well by upholding AFPG’s Values and our Operating Code.
- Are motivated by achieving measurable results and learning to work on multiple system types.
- Value being part of a positive culture where you will be appreciated.
- Want opportunities to grow within the company.
- Appreciate a Safety and Risk Management First Culture.
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Constant, effective, and respectful communication with team members and our customers.
- Being driven to learn all about what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
- Setting goals and laying out a plan to achieve them.
- Not being afraid of failure – having the courage to ask questions and accept constructive feedback.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Participation in valuable training from team members.
- Starting our highly respected Apprenticeship Program.
- Learning to read and understand blueprints.
- Developing an understanding of how a system is installed and how it operates.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Well-developed and effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to set and give direction and establish goals.
- 5-10 years of experience in Fire Sprinkler trade.
- Thorough knowledge of fire suppression systems.
- Being committed to the success of your team and your individual team members.
- Role modeling a professional attitude at all times.
- Willingness to work extended hours as projects require.
- Effectively planning the day-to-day activities of the assembly, installation, and repair of fire protection system pipes, fittings and fixtures.
- Providing guidance and direction to crews for meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensuring job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of our projects.
- Managing labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
- Tracking hours and manpower on all tasks.
- Informing Construction Manager and/or Operations Manager of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Planning work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
- Adjusting work, as needed, to meet construction schedules.
- Assessing need for equipment and maintaining responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Maintaining a professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K with employer match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.