Company: United Piping Inc.
Location: Newark, IL
Project Manager refers to any individual who has been assigned the primary duties of Project Manager on a project. A Project Manager holds overall management responsibility for the total delivery of the project, in accordance with established criteria, including: Accepting bid packages, performing detailed estimates, assisting in the creation of bid proposals, project scheduling and planning, project progress review, expediting equipment, site inspection, project safety and quality assurance. Responsibilities include tracking, forecasting and communicating costs, profits, and financial measures of the project. Organization and accountability for all the elements involved in construction: safety, labor, materials, tools, equipment, consumables, construction schedule and change orders. Work with Client Managers, Construction Lead, and field leaders to assemble a team that will meet or exceed client and project expectations. This position will be based out of our Newark, IL office.
Required or Preferred Education and Experience
- A four-year Engineering/Construction Management degree or equivalent combination of technical training and experience preferred.
- The ability to function well under stress, despite numerous interruptions, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritize effectively
- Moderate to advanced computer skills. Experience with P6 and Bid2Win preferred.
- Comfortable leading teams.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 100% Complete ownership of all projects assigned.
- Safety Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is accountable for the overall project execution, including safety program implementation. The Project Manager will regularly review and audit project safety and immediately ensure any items not in accordance with our culture and written policies are addressed. When on site leading by example and promoting a culture of safety is expected.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the field leaders have all necessary up to date specifications, ITP’s, construction drawings, project information, schedules, and general forms for the project. This includes overall responsibility for ensuring that all field forms end up in the correct project folder on the server both for our records and turnover where required. In all cases, we shall follow both the Client and UPI documentation requirements. They Project Manager will be responsible for promoting a culture where quality is a top priority for our company.
- Review and understand all project documents (Scope, Contract, Drawings, Specs, etc.).
- Conduct pre-project planning (kick-off) meetings to ensure that the labor, materials, equipment, subcontractor, accounts payable and receivable, safety, and quality requirements for the project are identified and clearly communicated to other UPI managers, field leaders, and stakeholders.
- Verify that project is set up to meet safety, schedule, productivity, and budget requirements.
- Complete submittals and track approvals.
- Finalize subcontracts.
- Negotiation of subcontracts, vendor quotes, and upstream/downstream change orders.
- To monitor and support projects in compliance with Client and UPI safety and quality requirements.
- To continually monitor progress of projects and provide reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines.
- To manage project documentation in accordance with UPI and Client standards.
- Accountable for planning and communicating with field leadership to ensure that the work of subcontractors and vendors is administered in accordance with all applicable agreements and Client requirements.
- To provide post-project reviews to identify lessons learned during the project.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, verified, and turned over.
- Ensure receipt and verify accuracy of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Customer service
- To develop a relationship with project specific Client agents and managers. The Project Manager should be the primary contact for interface with the Client Project Management team.
- To develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers and other stakeholders.
- Delivery of project on time and on budget.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.