Company: United Piping Inc.
Location: Newark, IL
The individual in this role will work with Project Managers and other members of the project team to execute the construction of new facilities, existing facility improvements, and other UPI projects as assigned. This position will also oversee both internal and external daily reporting and develop close relationships with field leaders and conduct walk-throughs of the project site with them.
Required or Preferred Education and Experience
- A four-year engineering / construction management degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience preferred.
- Effective interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- The ability to function well under stress, despite numerous interruptions, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritize effectively
- Moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Comfortable leading self.
Essential Functions - The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential functions of the role, and meet the following occupational demands, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Work with Project Managers and other members of the project team to execute the construction of new facilities, existing facility improvements, and other UPI projects as assigned.
- Create RFIs and submittals, and assemble information for change orders.
- Oversee daily reporting, both internal and external.
- Develop close relationships with field leaders and conduct walk-throughs of the project site with them.
- Work with on-site client representatives, such as inspectors, in a professional manner that represents UPI’s values and culture.
- Take minutes for project meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Compile work packages (including but not limited to lift plans and hydrotest packages) for submittal to clients.
- Assist Project Managers with subcontract paperwork.
- Perform takeoffs for material ordering.
- Perform document control duties, including updating drawing sets and maintaining positive version control.
- Review and troubleshoot LEMs for the project.
- Perform as a strong member of the project and company team, taking the initiative to solve problems and seek out tasks.
- Quality is everyone’s responsibility. Responsible for working with Field Leaders and other project team members to ensure all have the most current project documents, including but not limited to: drawings, specifications, forms, etc. Responsible for ensuring that all documents are stored appropriately in the job folder and working with the Project Manager to ensure all documentation is submitted to the client per project requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
Leadership and Cultural Expectations of the Position:
- Treat everyone with courtesy and respect, including treating subcontractor crews with the same level of respect as UPI crews.
- Be honest with and accountable to the Project Manager and Field Leaders on the project.
- Share your ideas and communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Recognize the role of others in your, and the project’s, success.
- Be an engaged and enthusiastic contributor.
- Maintain and promote positive project morale.
- Abide by all safety policies, lead by example, and actively look for safety opportunities.
- Make every effort to learn and abide by compliance requirements in all areas of work.
- Take charge of your own development.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.