Project Manager / Sales Representative
Company: VFP Fire Systems, Inc.
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
The Project Manager/ Sales Representative is responsible for overseeing the completion of all assigned contract jobs, including profit and loss responsibility for assigned work. This individual will cultivate new business relationships, maintain existing accounts, and ensure the fulfillment of established goals through estimating and proposing on fire protection projects. Embrace a consultative selling technique that includes the ability to analyze client needs, communication appropriate solutions, and facilitate sales to closure.
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler design software
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Three years’ experience in commercial. industrial, and residential fire protection design is preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
- Ability to create local and distance relationships with General Contractors
- Strong prospecting skills
- Proven ability to close
- Willing to coordinate and work well with others
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain contract documents throughout the life of the project and ensure changes from bulletins, addenda, etc. are addressed and processed
- Communicate with site foreman to track change orders
- Process change orders in a timely fashion, to include regular follow-up with GC/CM for updates
- Coordinate with Designer to submit RFIs when necessary
- Maintain continual communications with and provide regular status updates to the GC/CM
- Attend weekly jobsite meetings, and communicate results with job designer as needed
- Perform weekly safety walkthroughs and site safety audits, and document completion
- Ensure completion of weekly toolbox talks, to include submission to the Safety Manager
- Perform monthly billing updates for all assigned contract jobs
- Coordinate with Designer to submit required job closeout documentation
- Submit documentation and application for construction permits when required
- Assist in preparation of monthly WIP updates for assigned contract jobs
- Attend turnover meetings with sales and design personnel for new jobs
- Oversee weekly project manpower requirements for scheduling
- Material/equipment ordering and oversight for jobs (as applicable between designer and shop coordinator)
- Maintain communications and coordination (including drawings and testing) with fire marshal
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of new systems, system modifications and upgrades by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and communicate effectively to educate the customer about VFPG capabilities
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.