Fire Alarm Sales Representative - A&D Contract
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: High Point, NC
The Fire Alarm Sales Representative is responsible for generating new installation sales of fire alarm and detection systems as well as other low voltage systems. The salesperson will be responsible to develop and maintain customer relationships with electrical contractors, general contractors, and end users with a focus on new projects and upfits. All estimates should be thorough and profitable, and the proposals should be professional. The fire alarm sales representative will be expected to work closely with all Departments to sell all-inclusive services to customers.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Teamwork: Able to anticipate leadership voids or gaps and actively fills them or ensures that they are being addressed
- Organization: Able to classify and monitor documents in an orderly and efficient manner
- Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the life safety industry in order to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Exceptional Customer Service: Part of a unified family of trusted leaders consistently providing peace of mind through exceptional customer service experiences
- Self-Motivated: Driven by a sense of personal accomplishment and job satisfaction which contributes to the overall good of the company
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - A&D ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of low voltage products and fire alarm and detection by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies.
- Effective scheduling of time and preparation of bid schedule.
- Prepare accurate estimates and proposals in accordance with Sunland's guidelines, bid documents, and specifications.
- Complete the sale of fire alarm systems and upgrades supporting recurring monthly service customers (maintenance, monitoring, test and inspection) – as required, collaborate with other sales departments.
- Obtain signed proposals, contracts, or early start agreements prior to starting work.
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and communicate effectively to educate the customer about SFP/AFPG capabilities.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations, identifying the customer’s fire and life safety issues, the effects of the problems and solutions offered – expected to be involved in the production of accurate price quotations
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan.
- Develop and maintain new and existing customer relationships that meet or exceed their expectations of a long-term partner.
- Keep abreast of marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking, and other market related information.
- Initiate Kick-off meetings with Design and Operations TEAM and provide all necessary drawings, specifications and pertinent information for the project to be successful.
- Provide information for manpower schedule.
- Manage projects in conjunction with the Alarm Project Leader and quote all change orders as necessary.
- Lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns" and other relationship building meetings
- Complete understanding of all AFPG, Inc. and Branch pricing worksheets and contract terms
- Consistently review customers to ensure they meet the intent of AFPG’s “Get the right work with the right customers” operating code, and fire those who do not conduct themselves in a professional manner.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - A&D EXPECTATIONS
- Minimum of one face-to-face new and/or existing customer visit per week.
- Meet or exceed sales and revenue budgets.
- Provide a quote no later than three business days after the customer’s request, or prior to the customer’s deadline, whichever is sooner.
- Be prepared to speak with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days.
- Conduct self-study and research as required to stay abreast of emerging technology in the life safety industry and updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Maintain a positive attitude which fosters a healthy collaborative work environment
- Two sets of eyes on all proposals going out that exceed $50K.
- Take customers to lunch, golf or another relationship-building opportunity at least once per month and at least one after hours entertainment per quarter.
- Develop a schedule and plan to conduct at least one “lunch and learns” per year.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.